Health & Safety
Our commitment to Safety, Hygiene & Cleanliness:
We understand that the global COVID-19 pandemic has changed the way people think about travel as well as what they look for when selecting accommodations. At Minnewaska Lodge our number one priority is the health and safety of our guests and team members. Using this as our guiding compass, we have developed and implemented enhanced safety, hygiene and cleanliness standards based on recommendations from the CDC, WHO, AHLA, State and Local Authorities.
Per the current New York State travel advisory, individuals traveling to New York from states with significant community spread of COVID-19 will be required to quarantine for 14 days upon arrival. For more information, please visit: https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/covid-19-travel-advisory.
Upon arrival, guests will be advised of our social distancing policies and face covering requirements in all indoor public spaces as well as outside when social distancing is not possible.
During the check-in process guests will be given a verbal health screening assessment consisting questions such as:
- Have you had any COVID-19 symptoms over the past 14 days?
- Have you been tested for COVID-19 symptoms over the past 14 days?
- Have you had any close contact with any confirmed or suspected COVID-19 cases over the past 14 days?
Throughout The Lodge:
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitizing all high traffic public area surfaces using EPA registered disinfectants approved for use against the virus that causes COVID-19 multiple times per day.
- Removal and/or rearrangement of certain furniture pieces in public areas to promote social distancing.
- Hand sanitization stations placed strategically throughout the building and property in high traffic areas for use by guests and team members.
- All team members are required to wear appropriate PPE when servicing guest rooms between stays.
- All guest rooms will be thoroughly deep cleaned between stays using EPA registered disinfectants approved for use against the virus that causes COVID-19; paying special attention to doorknobs, light switches, remote controls, telephones, furniture surfaces, temperature controls, faucet handles, and other high touch areas.
- All non-essential items such as throws, pillows and other decorations will be removed from the guest rooms to limit guest contact surfaces and allow time for more thorough cleaning procedures in other areas of the room.
- Prior to check-in, all guest rooms will be inspected by a member of our team who has been trained in accordance with the American Hotel & Lodging Association’s SafeStay Enhanced Industry-Wide Hotel Cleaning Standards.
- For the foreseeable future we feel it is safest for all parties not to enter occupied guest rooms therefore will be unable to provide daily housekeeping service. Fresh linens and towels will of course be available upon request and left outside your door.
Food & Beverage Service:
Regular food and beverage service at the lodge, including daily breakfast in the great room will be temporarily suspended. Over the course of the next several weeks and months we will be working on ways to implement a safe, touch-less and socially distant food & beverage program without sacrificing the quality and variety of offerings we strive to provide. Please stay tuned in the coming weeks for more to information.
In the meantime, we will have select “grab and go” items available for purchase at the front desk and will be recommending some amazing local area establishments that offer outdoor dining and/or take-out and delivery options that guests can to enjoy in the privacy of their rooms, outside on our deck (while remaining socially distant from other households) or picnic style on our great lawn facing the beautiful Gunk’s.
In addition to the above measures, we have also updated our cancellation policy on certain rate plans to allow for greater flexibility and peace of mind when making your reservation.
If you have any additional questions, or there is anything else we can do to help make you feel comfortable and safe, please do not hesitate to contact as by calling +1 845-255-1110 or emailing email@example.com.
*Kindly note, cash will no longer be accepted. All guests will be required to provide a valid credit card at time of check-in.